The Laboratory for Nano and Micro Photonics is located at the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) at City College. In addition, the group also has access to the newly constructed 3000 sq ft nanofabrication facility at the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC).
- Fourier space microscopy to map dispersion of photonic structures and radiation pattern of nanomaterials.
- Time resolved luminescence using Streak Camera (1 ps time resolution)
- Confocal microscopy combined with quantum correlation (Hanbury Brown and Twiss)
- Fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy
- Low temperature (4K) confocal microscopy and spectroscopy (steady state and time resolved)
- Angle resolved reflection and photoluminescence (10K)
- Photoluminescence Excitation (PLE)
- Single photon emission spectroscopy
- Structured illumination spectroscopy
- Ultrafast tunable laser (Toptica TVIS), NdYAG laser, variety of diode lasers, HeCd UV laser etc.
The ASRC located steps from our lab on the CCNY campus has state of the art fabrication tools including electron beam lithography (Elionix 100 keV), Focused ion beam etcher, Reactive ion etcher, plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition, etc. In addition, our group also has access to the cleanroom and characterization facility at the Center for functional Nanomaterials at Brookhaven National Laboratories. In addition to the Nanofabrication facility at CUNY ASRC , we have facilities for
- 2D material exfoliation and transfer
- Spin coating and self-assembly
The group also has several computational tools for modeling of photonic structures and light-matter interaction including
- Finite Difference Time Domain Simulation software
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Other in house developed simulation tools for designing photonic structures.
Shared Departmental Facility
- X-ray diffraction
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Transmission Electron Microscope
- Confocal Raman microscope
Access to Facilities at Brookhaven National Laboratories
- Spectroscopic Ellipsometer
- Z-Scan measurement
- Ultrafast transient absorption spectroscopy
- Confocal luminescence imaging set up